Branford Early Childhood collaborative is the single coordinating entity for all early childhood efforts, birth to age 8, in Branford. We work to bring all key stakeholders together who play a crucial role in the development and education of Branford children to create a comprehensive early childhood system. Our Plan was developed with input from early childcare providers, current and retired educators, parents and business people, state and local government members and social service providers, all working together.
Our work creates a system that ensures that, "All Branford children, birth through age eight years, are happy, healthy, safe and successful with a love of learning in school and in life."
- Create a network to strengthen the early childhood experience for Branford children and families.
- Seek funding to support children's initiatives.
- Promote awareness of health, safety, education, and family literacy needs and opportunities.
- Improve Kindergarten readiness by strengthening professional development opportunities for preschool early care providers and teachers. Engage Kindergarten teachers in Roundtable and available learning opportunities for successful transitions.
- Empower parents and community members to move the public will in the interest of Branford's children.
- Maintain a strategic community plan with measurable goals concerning early care and education and implementation strategies.
- Ensure transparency in the work of the Collaborative and accountability to the community.
- Distribute information on local and state-wide early childhood initiatives and policy.
203-415-5237 | Branford.firstname.lastname@example.org